DULENS – a new Chinese optics manufacturer – has released the first APO 85mm f/2, a manual medium telephoto prime lens for Canon EF and Nikon F camera systems.
The lens, which is inspired by the Zeiss Sonnar series, is constructed of seven elements in six groups.
It measures 5.8cm (2.28in) long, weighs 350g (12.35oz), features a 29-degree field-of-view, uses a 55mm front filter thread and has a minimum focusing distance of 90cm (35.43in).
As the name suggests, it features an Apochromatic element to minimize chromatic aberrations, even when wide open at f2. Being an 85mm lens, it has low distortion, measured at 0.3%.
- Inspired by the Zeiss Sonnar series
- 7 elements in 6 groups with an Apochromatic element
- Lens length: 5.8cm (2.28in)
- Weight: 350g (12.35oz)
- Field of view: 29°
- Filter size: 55mm
- Minimum focusing distance: 90cm (35.43in)
- Available in black and silver
- For Nikon F and Canon EF mounts
Here some sample images taken with a Lumix S1 and an EF adapter: