Alongside the launch of the medium format camera GFX100s, Fujifilm has announced the X-E4, the latest in its line of midrange rangefinder-style mirrorless cameras. Built with the same 26-megapixels X-Trans BSI-CMOS sensor as the X-S10, the Fujifilm X-E4 is the X-series’s lightest and smallest camera body, weighing just 0.80 pounds and measuring 4.77 inches x 2.87 inches x 1.28 inches.
“Outstanding image quality, wide dynamic range, and superb low-light performance combine with simple controls, advanced Face and Eye Detection, and a forward-180° tilting LCD touchscreen to make this camera a joy to use for video or photo,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management at FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division.
Main product features:
- At .80 lb. (364g) and measuring 4.77in x 2.87in x 1.28in (121.3mm x 72.9mm x 32.7mm), X-E4 is the most compact interchangeable-lens camera in the X Series of digital cameras. The product uses Fujifilm’s 4th generation sensor and processor. To maintain its slim and sleek design, a rear tilting LCD screen has also been carefully designed to ensure the body remains as thin and portable as possible.
- The camera’s compact design is influenced by the design of classic film cameras. Both the front and rear grips are flat to give it a classic aesthetic, while the top plate of the camera body is carefully molded from magnesium to provide a polished, elevated finish.
- The rear tilting monitor can be flipped upward and forward-facing up to180 degrees, which can accommodate a wide variety of compositions, from high to low angle, as well as selfies and vlog-style videos.
- The top panel includes a shutter speed dial that can be set manually or switched to Program Mode (P) if fully automatic functionality is required.
- Controls have also been concentrated to front-side dials to give extra thumb space for maximum in-hand comfort.
- Using Fujifilm’s state-of-the-art 26.1MP X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor and the high-speed image processing engine X-Processor 4 to provide incredibly fast autofocus, X-E4 uses phase detection autofocus points across almost 100% of the sensor to acquire focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds. It is also able to track moving subjects with an advanced AF-tracking algorithm, ensuring that images can be captured when the focus is optimal.
- X-E4 also includes Fujifilm’s latest Face and Eye detection technology to track subjects accurately, even in luminance levels as low as -7.0EV where used with an attached FUJINON XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens.
- X-E4 oversamples 6K footage to record 4K/30P 4:2:0 8-bit video to internal media, or 4K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit video via its HDMI port.
- The camera can also deliver high-speed, full-HD video at 240fps, which can be used to replay fast-moving subjects up to 10x slower compared to footage recorded at 24fps.
- A total of 18 film simulations are available with the X-E4, including Velvia, which is characterized by highly saturated colors and crisp gradation, and ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which reproduces
Here some sample pictures: