Lensbaby launches a new Composer Pro II with Edge 35 Optic wide angle tilt lens for Nikon F, Canon EF, Sony E, Fuji X and MFT mounts.
The Edge 35 features a flat field design for sharp, accurate rendering and its unique optical design also enables producing a dramatic slice of focus surrounded by a smooth, blurred border.
When coupled with the Composer Pro II, this slice of focus can be moved and rotated within the image area, and changed in dimension, using up to 15° of tilt on the lens body.
The Composer Pro II is part of Lensbaby’s Optic Swap System, made up of a lens body with an included optic. Simply swap out the optic that it came with, and insert a new optic to completely change the effect and focal length of the lens.
Edge 35 Optic
- Wide-angle 35mm f/3.5 lens provides a comfortable, broad, and natural field of view.
- Flat field rendering delivers a high degree of sharpness and, when tilted in the Composer II, a dramatic slice of focus is produced that is bordered by a smooth and even blur to isolate subjects with selective focus.
- Besides adjusting exposure, the f/3.5 to f/22 aperture range allows you to control the size of the sweet spot of focus.
- An eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth, pleasing bokeh quality.
- Lens construction uses nine glass elements in six groups, and each of the elements are multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
Composer Pro II
- Enables tilting the optic up to 15°to vary the amount and position of the slice of focus.
- Accepts various optics from the Optic Swap System.
- Metal body for improved durability and rigidity.