Sigma has released a major 2.0 firmware update for its fp camera that adds, amongst numerous other new features, the ability to record Apple ProRes Raw over HDMI when paired with an Atomos Ninja V monitor/recorder and Blackmagic Raw over HDMI with a Blackmagic Video Assist 12G.
Newly introduced functionality
– Supporting Cinemagraph creation and playback.
– CinemaDNG footages playback
– Supports still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
– Supports still image capture from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
– Supports HDR in movie shooting
– Supports still and movie shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode
– Supports DCI 4K 12bit / HDMI Raw output
– Supports RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V monitor-recorder*
* A free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required.
– Supports recording Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models*
* Requires firmware update of Video Assist 12G models using Video Assist Update 3.3.
– Camera movement control is compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal.
* Firmware update of the corresponding device is required.
*Please refer to ZHIYUN firmware release information about functions supported. Since not all functions will be supported in this firmware update, both SIGMA and ZHIYUN will need to continue working on this to make more and more functions to be compatible in future firmware updates.
– Instruction message appears when attempting to use greyed-out items in SHOOT menu
– Supports camera control in USB mode*
* The SDK (Software Development Kit) for controlling the camera is scheduled to be available by early July.
– Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO100 and 3200)
– Improved AF performance
– Improved accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
– Improved image quality
– Supports CinemaDNG 25 and 29.97 fps (UHD 12bit) shooting
– Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps (FHD 12bit) shooting
– Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit) shooting
– “OFF” option available in Color mode
– Exposure adjustment available in QS (Quick Set)
– Tone control setting “Auto (Mild / Strong)” available during movie shooting
– Supports USB Video Class (UVC) setting adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
– Supports time code generation
– Compatible with BWF format
– Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
– Supports changes of shutter sound effect
– The phenomenon of flickering in dark areas in video footages has been corrected
– Bugs in USB Video Class (UVC) setting when connected to USB or during movie shooting have been corrected
– Improved recording stability with recording media
– Other minor bugs have been corrected