GoPro has recently released a new firmware update v1.5 for the company’s latest action camera GoPro HERO9 Black, which includes up to 30% faster wireless offload speeds, improved HyperSmooth 3.0 performance in cold temperatures, and much more. The company also launched a tough Bluetooth waterproof remote, compatible with the HERO9 Black, Hero8 Black, and GoPro MAX.
Below is the entire list of everything they improved:
- Up to 30% faster wireless offload speeds for faster transfers to the GoPro app.
- Improved HyperSmooth 3.0 performance in cold temperatures.
- A slo-mo shortcut slider button.
- Improved GPS lock accuracy.
- Support for live streaming with the Max Lens Mod, bringing HyperSmooth video stabilization, ultra-wide 155° Max SuperView perspective, and powerful in-camera horizon lock to live streaming.
- Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter support for those seeking an elevated audio input option outside of using the Media Mod for HERO9 Black.
For GoPro Hero8 Black and GoPro MAX users, firmware updates are also available that increase wireless transfer speeds by up to 15% and 20%, respectively.
GoPro also introduced a new accessory called The Remote. This accessory is compatible with the GoPro HERO9 Black, Hero8 Black, and MAX.
The Remote is a smartwatch-size accessory that can be mounted on anything from a user’s wrist to a gear strap, handlebar, or rollbar. It is made tough to ensure the GoPro standard of rugged durability, with a waterproof guarantee to 16 feet, and upholds ease-of-use with a large display screen that shows camera status at a glance and has four glove-friendly, raised buttons.
From riding, biking, and boating to surfing, skiing, and snowboarding, The Remote provides quick access to control the most-used camera functions, including powering on and off, mode changing, and shutter button control. It can control up to 5 GoPro cameras simultaneously from as far as 200 feet away. And, it uses Bluetooth Low Energy for maximum battery life and easy pairing with your camera.