Olympus has completed the camera division transfer to Japan Industrial Partners (JIP). The new website will be located at om-digitalsolutions.com and will be live on 5th January:
“Olympus Corporation (“Olympus”) concluded the transfer of its Imaging business to Japan Industrial Partners Inc. (“JIP”) on January 1, 2021. The final transfer was based on the definitive agreement both parties signed on September 30, 2020, which included details of the arrangement. With the completion of the transfer, OM Digital Solutions Corporation takes over the Imaging business from Olympus,” says the press release.
Heads of sales and marketing and R&D for imaging products will be relocated to the headquarters of OM Digital Solutions Corporation. Production will continue at the facility in Dong Nai province, Vietnam, where imaging products have been manufactured since 2008. OM Digital Solutions Corporation will continue to provide customer support for the imaging products which have been manufactured and sold by Olympus.
“OM Digital Solutions Corporation will develop and introduce unique products to create new value while continuing to provide high-quality, highly reliable products, including the Zuiko and OM brands, which are grounded in optics and digital imaging technologies cultivated by Olympus over many years as well as IC recorder that combines advanced digital voice and sound recording technology with comfortable operability,” said Shigemi Sugimoto, Representative Director and President of OM Digital Solutions Corporation and former Imaging Division Head of Olympus.
Information on OM Digital Solutions Corporation:
- Company name: OM Digital Solutions Corporation
- Location of headquarters: 49-3, Takakura-cho, Hachioji, Tokyo
- Website: https://om-digitalsolutions.com/
- Representative Director: Shigemi Sugimoto (Representative Director and President)
- Business operations: Operations involving the manufacture and sale of digital cameras (primarily mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras), interchangeable lenses, and audio products including IC recorders
- Capital: Around 37 billion yen (As of Jan 1, 2021)
- Number of employees: around 2,000 globally
More info on https://om-digitalsolutions.com/.