Nikon has announced the Z DX 18-140mm F3.5-6.3 VR, the all-in-one standard-to-telephoto zoom listed on its Z-mount roadmap. Nikon positions it as a high-power zoom lens that is extremely compact and easy to carry, making it an ideal travel or everyday lens.
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 7.8x high-power zoom lens that is extremely compact and easy to carry, with a total length of approx. 90mm and weight of approx. 315g. Its wide focal-length range makes the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm ideal for capturing a variety of subjects, from travel to daily snapshots and everything in between.
The lens achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both stills shooting and video recording. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots such as shooting flowers or tabletop photography. The lens also realizes high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Features of the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR:
- Covers a focal-length range of 18mm to 140mm (27mm-210mm, 35mm angle of view equivalent), convenient for capturing stills and videos of a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits.
- The short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at max wide-angle) is optimum for close-up shots.
- The maximum reproduction ratio of 0.33x at the maximum telephoto position enables rendering of subjects in large size.
- Equipped with an optical VR mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed.
- High resolution achieved consistently across the entire zoom range, from maximum aperture.
- Ideal for shooting video, with effective reduction of shifting of focus when zooming in/out and shifting of angle of view when adjusting focus.
- Select functions can be assigned to the control ring for stills and video.
- Fast, precise, and quiet AF operation is attained with the employment of an STM (stepping motor).
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.