Pentax Announces the Development of an All-Weather 85mm f/1.4 for Its Premium Full-Frame Lens Lineup
Ricoh has announced the development of the new-generation high-performance Star-series lens, the HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mmF1.4 SDM AW.
This product is the second “new generation D FA*” single focus lens following the “HD PENTAX-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW” which they presented as the first lens with a fixed focal length of the “New Generation D FA*”. This series is known for the perfect image quality and the lenses are characterized by the following parameters:
- Best possible image quality with uniform sharpness from the center to the edges of the image.
- Large aperture with a particularly expressive image effect.
- High quality workmanship and materials with high robustness and easy handling
Overview of the product under development
Model name: HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mmF1.4 SDM AW
Launch date: Scheduled to be launched in late, 2020
- By incorporating three Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements, it effectively compensates chromatic aberrations and produces brilliant, high-contrast images even from open aperture.
- Adopts one aspherical lens and achieves high delineation performance with good correction of spherical aberration, coma and field curvature.
- High speed and smooth operation with newly developed SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) equipped with high torque ring type ultrasonic motor
- Developing as an AW (All Weather model) this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.