Cosina Japan has announced the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical III VM lens for Leica M-mount camera systems.
The lens is constructed of nine elements in seven groups, features an aperture range of f/1.2 through f/22 and has a 12-blade aperture diaphragm. The minimum focusing distance is 50cm (20in) and the front filter thread is 52mm.
Compared to its second-generation predecessor, the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical III VM has been reduced in size, coming in at 20-percent shorter and 30-percent lighter at 50.5mm (2in) and 332g (11.7oz), respectively. The lens will work with all M-mount Leica cameras and most Vessa cameras (not the Bessa L or R).
- Outstanding optical performance, adopting aspherical surface on 4 surfaces
By using plenty of high-refractive-index glass and making four surfaces of the nine-element lens aspherical, it achieves both high-level image quality and a large aperture.
- Beautiful bokeh with 12 aperture blades
A 12-piece aperture is used to make the hole formed by the aperture blades close to a circle. The out-of-focus part is a natural depiction, and point light sources are not polygonal but round and soft.
- Exclusive bayonet-type hood
An optional special bayonet-type hood made of a beautiful metal that is durable and has little vignetting when attached to a rangefinder camera. * BessaR4 cannot be used because the distance meter is vignetting. It cannot be attached to the initial model.
- The shortest shooting distance is 0.5m
Focusing is possible up to 0.5m beyond the minimum shooting distance of 0.7m linked with the rangefinder. We show power at the time of shooting with the camera equipped with the live view function.
- Manual focus for reliable focus operation
The all-metal helicoid unit that has been machined and adjusted with high precision, and high-quality grease that produces moderate torque, achieves smooth focusing. Enables fine focus adjustment.
- VM mount is adopted for the bayonet type VM mount lens mount. In addition to the Vessa series (excluding Bessa L and R), it can be used with cameras that use M mounts.
- Equipped with a rangefinder interlocking system A high-precision rangefinder interlocking mechanism enables severe focusing near the open aperture.
- Full-size image circle
The ample image circle for 35mm full size is secured. In addition, we realize a very compact style in comparison with an interchangeable lens for single-lens reflex cameras.