Leica has announced a minor firmware update version 4.1 for the CL mirrorless camera.
This update doesn’t add any new features or functionality, but only bug fixes. Probably is that these bug fixes are to patch the more significant v4.0 firmware update released last year, which updated the menu interface and added cropped shooting modes – both features taken from the Q2. Even if you haven’t experienced any quirks yourself with version 4.0, is always recommend staying up to date with the latest firmware version.
How To Update Firmware:
- Fully charge and insert the rechargeable battery
- Any stored firmware files on the memory card must be removed
- Download the latest firmware version
- Save the download to the memory card (store the firmware file in the main directory of the memory card)
- Insert the memory card into the camera
- Switch the camera on
UPDATING THE CAMERA FIRMWARE
- Select Camera Information in the main menu
- Select Camera Firmware Version
- Select Start Update
- This menu item is available only if the inserted memory card contains a current firmware file.
- A prompt with information about the camera is displayed.
- Check the version information
- Select Yes
- The update will start automatically.
- Once the process has completed successfully, a relevant message will appear and the camera will restart.
Date & time, as well as the preferred language, will have to be set up again after the restart. Relevant prompts will appear on the screen.
More info on Leica’s website.