If you’re in the market for an ultra-wide lens really budget-friendly, take a look at this new 12mm f/2 lens from Pergear. The company, known for its affordable lenses for mirrorless cameras has just released this manual fixed lens for Fujifilm X mount, Micro Four Thirds (MFT) mount, Nikon Z mount, and Sony E-mount camera systems. This 12mm lens has a full-frame equivalent focal length of 18mm, making it perfect for street photography and more.
Considering it only costs $166, that’s very tempting.
The new manual-focus lens is constructed of 12 elements in 9 groups, including two aspherical and two high-refractive elements. Features an aperture range of f/2 through f/22, a ten-blade aperture diaphragm, and a minimum focusing distance of 20cm. And for those looking for a lightweight option, the Pergear 12mm f/2 lens only weighs 300g, despite its metal body. This means that it’s small and light enough to be easily chucked into a kitbag to be used if needed.
Below are the specifications::
- Type: 12mm f/2
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- Focal length: f=12mm
- 35mm format equivalent: （18mm(Sony）18（Fuji）19（M4/3) 18(Nikon Z Mount）
- Angle of view: 97°
- Max. aperture: f/2
- Min. aperture: f/22
- Number of of blades : 10 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Focus range: approx. 20cm/0.66ft – ∞
- External dimensions: ø66mm x59.5mm
- Weight (excluding caps and hoods): approx. 300g