Canon has already released a bunch of exciting glass for the full-frame mirrorless RF-mount, but the company is far from done. According to CanonRumors, a leaked lens roadmap for 2021 indicates that Canon along with the most-anticipated additions like the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens and RF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens, there will be a total of 14 new RF lenses coming in 2021, including the ground-breaking TS-R autofocus tilt-shift lenses for the RF mount.
In CR’s own words, “I would lean on most, if not all, of this information being accurate.”
So, what do we expect from Canon? First up will be a coke-can-sized RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM and an RF 50mm f/1.8 STM that is apparently better—both optically and in terms of build—than the EF-mount version. These are the next two lenses that Canon plans to launch, and one or both of them could even arrive before 2021.
The 14 more lenses—though some of these could be delayed into 2022 due to the pandemic—including two revolutionary autofocus tilt-shift lenses, all of the major telephoto prime lenses, and some highly-anticipated portrait and macro lenses as well.
Here’s the fill list:
- Canon TS-R 14mm f/4L
- Canon TS-R 24mm f/3.5L
- Canon RF 10-24mm f/4L USM
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM
- Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 500mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
- Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM
More info on CanonRumors’ website.